Friday, May 11, 2007

Poetry: How I remember feeling about my wife...

I met my wife under unusual circumstances, and we have lived an unusual life. Sometimes things have been very good for us, and sometimes - often, even - very bad.

The below was written one day during an especially good time for us, and I can still close my eyes and imagine being there and feeling the very same feelings as I wrote them...


Such A Beautiful Morning

early this morning,
as i was waking up,
i heard the birds singing
in the trees outside,
and i could feel
the warm summer breeze blowing
through the open window
and across our bodies
as we lay together
in our bed.

then I opened my eyes
and looked upon your lovely face
and i thought to myself,
as i admired your perfect form,
"what a beautiful morning!"

and as i lay there,
just looking at you
as the sun began its day,
my heart overflowed with love
and i just had to smile.
i reached out and touched you,
just to be sure
that you were real...

...because i felt
so very lucky and happy
just to be with you
in that magical moment
while you lay sleeping
on such a beautiful morning.


***************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.